Senior Technical Program Manager
Xwing is a cutting-edge aerospace technology company focused on revolutionizing the future of aviation. Backed by industry veterans and top-tier investors, our mission is to build a safer, more efficient, and more accessible air transportation system powered by autonomous flight. By combining artificial intelligence, proprietary software, and hardware solutions, Xwing is bringing uncrewed aircraft to commercial aviation. We are computer scientists, roboticists, and aerospace experts who are at the forefront of the transformation of the aviation industry.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and in Concord, CA. In 2021, Xwing completed the world's first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground. In 2023, Xwing became the first company with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification project for an uncrewed aircraft system for large aircraft.
Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under "Careers" to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We’re Looking For:
Xwing is seeking an experienced Program Manager to support the development and certification of its Uncrewed Aircraft Systems. The Program Manager will be in charge of working with several Engineering scrum teams to efficiently deliver key pieces of Xwing’s autonomy technology.
As a Program Manager, you will leverage your technical expertise to gain a deep understanding of key project objectives and constraints and develop appropriate practices to maximize progress while retaining flexibility where needed. Your ability to think strategically and function tactically will help the team navigate the small speed bumps and conquer the mountains. You love challenges and can surf ambiguity - we are looking for someone like you.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the development and certification efforts for Xwing’s Autonomy programs
- Developing and maintaining multi-year program schedules
- Assisting the Engineering teams in developing detailed quarterly roadmaps
- Overseeing tactical work execution using Agile methodologies
- Coaching team members on Agile practices and acting as scrum master for key product teams as needed
- Supporting product owners in effectively communicating with stakeholders, managing expectations for deliverables, and implementing effective project governance systems
- Identifying risks as well as means for mitigation; then putting mitigation plans into action
- Coordinating with strategic suppliers in the development and integration of key technology
- Building tools and processes that provide continuous visibility into program status and budget
- BS or MS in an Engineering discipline and 6 years of industry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced startup environment, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Experience with complex project planning and Agile methodologies using Jira
- Experience program managing high-performing teams at a fast pace
- Experience in developing systems, software, or hardware for safety-critical applications, ideally in aerospace or automotive
- Technical background in the development lifecycle of aircraft systems
- Experience with FAA certification programs
- Background in Advanced Air Mobility
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.