Powertrain Integration Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
As a Powertrain Integration Engineer working on the Range trailer, you will work closely with design, test, and firmware teams to integrate sensors, controllers, batteries, and motors that power the Range trailer. Your work will directly contribute to the performance of the Range trailer, enabling industry-wide reduction in diesel consumption and emissions.
- Design, build, and test electromechanical systems for Range’s electric trailer platform
- Lead overall trailer integration efforts including commissioning, bring-up, and debugging of sensor and actuator systems
- Support development testing on dedicated HIL testers, prototype and production trailer platforms
- Deep dive into trailer log data and source code to root cause platform level issues
- Work with firmware and hardware engineers to integrate system components and advise on feature implementation
- Support systems engineering activities including interface definition, development, and functional testing
- Interface on-site with customers and suppliers on a technical and project level
- Lead the process of documenting and tracking issues from discovery though resolution
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in automotive or related field
- Working knowledge of automotive electrical systems and communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet) and relevant lab equipment such as: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and CAN/LIN-specific diagnostic tools and software
- Familiarity with Python, C++ programming languages
- Working knowledge of high voltage safety and associated design standards
- Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple components, sub-systems, and suppliers
- Flexibility to travel domestically/internationally (up to 25%) to support various vehicle-level integration, test, and promotional activities
- Experience reading and understanding schematic and wire harness documents
- Experience with SAE J1939
- Experience with functional safety standards, particularly ISO 26262
- Firmware validation experience
- Experience with automotive manufacturing environment
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $140,000 - $210,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.