Chief People and Culture Officer
People & HR
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Range Energy is seeking a Chief People and Culture Officer that will continue our efforts in building a company where everyone identifies with our mission and values, is inspired and appreciated, is welcomed and respected, and has an opportunity to grow, learn, and make an impact.
As the People & Culture executive, you will be responsible for developing and leading People initiatives and providing counsel to senior leaders and managers within Range Energy. Your immediate charter will be to help us streamline all HR Operations functions and the related processes, while also functioning as the HRBP to our executive leadership team. You will drive the day-to-day delivery of People projects, programs and strategies within Range Energy. We will look to you to develop and implement strategies around workforce planning, talent management, performance reviews, employee relations, organizational design, and the development of key talent. Range Energy is a close-knit team and we are looking for someone to help foster and grow our culture of caring, with a “people first” approach.
This role is based in Mountain View, California and will report to the CEO.
- Provide leadership on people-related issues and policies across the company, such as organizational planning, performance, compensation and rewards, employee relations, people development and talent acquisition.
- Demonstrate functional expertise and function as a coach and trusted advisor to our executive business leaders, while supporting them to create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Lead, identify, and support People strategies and initiatives for the business such as workforce planning, organization design and development, DEI&B, while functioning as our culture carrier.
- Lead change management, delivery of talent effectiveness, and the creation of a healthy work environment with our Workplace Experience function to foster a high level of employee engagement and a performance-based culture.
- Develop and drive initiatives related to building strong leadership capabilities for the business.
- Facilitate our eNPS process as well as supporting leaders through our performance cycles, including succession planning and identification of high potential employees.
- Leverage insights from discussions with leaders to address leadership gaps and opportunities, and ensure the creation of development plans to bridge the gaps.
- Advise and assist all appropriate business leaders regarding employee performance issues and actions required for improvement
- Partner with leaders to create and maintain a culture of inclusion where all employees feel valued and see Range Energy as a place where they can do their best work.
- An experienced People leader who has owned a broad range of functions in high-growth environments as a senior executive.
- An expertise of having worked across multiple People areas, with depth in business partnering and operations. The ideal candidate will be a culture carrier, passionate about building world-class employee experiences, and have a strong HR Operations background, including experience with efficient and scalable processes and procedures. You should also possess a broad understanding of compensation & benefits, L&D, and DEI&B.
- High EQ and a genuinely empathetic personality.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, with a deep comfort managing budgets and monitoring the People Organization’s business results.
- Experience developing, scaling and managing a high-performing talent acquisition team, including recruiting operations processes.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create, communicate and direct a team to achieve the company’s vision as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Highly disciplined and organized, both operationally and in thought process.
- A track record of success in a fast-paced, growth-stage hardware company.
- Experience with change management.
- Leadership experience from both public and VC funded start-ups.
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $220,000 - $277,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.