Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2023
Range Energy is looking for a Mechanical Engineer Summer Intern to support the underpinnings of the Range Energy platform, where rubber meets the road. In this role, you’ll work on a dynamic team where you’ll be responsible for designing and testing mechanical components of the Range Energy platform.
- Design new assemblies backed by engineering analysis, selecting & integrating electro-mechanical components, and supporting the making of our prototypes
- Use CATIA to craft parts, construct assemblies, and create well-dimensioned drawings using GD&T
- Use a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding, CNC machining, metal casting, and sheet metal
- Make informed engineering decisions by creating simulations, running tests, and conducting analyses
- Engage and collaborate with team members to refine designs ahead of project timelines
- Work with cross-functional Engineering teams to document materials and methods used to develop and manufacture Range Energy’s core product
- Participate in team stand-ups to improve documentation and workflow
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Work or design competition experience in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience in CAD software and FEA stress/modal analysis
- Hands-on with prototyping, building, & debugging and experience working in a prototype machine shop to bring your ideas to life
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques & technologies and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working alongside engineering and product organizations, ideally in the hardware and/or commercial transportation spaces
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary. The range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $30 - $40 USD hourly. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
See more open positions at Range Energy
Something looks off?