Administration, People & HR
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
We're looking for an enthusiastic HR Coordinator to join our growing People and Community team here at Foxtrot. In this role, you'll be the go-to person for optimizing our HR tech (UKG) platforms and ensuring they run smoothly for our organization. You'll handle employee data like a pro, keeping it accurate and confidential while finding ways to make our processes more efficient. You'll also be one of our go-to for our team members, answering their questions and treating them like the shopkeepers we are.
- Supports our people tech stack to optimize each platform to best serve our organization - e.g., UKG, Lever, Fountain, Wisetail, etc.
- Maintains accurate employee data & files, electronic or otherwise, ensuring integrity & confidentiality of information - e.g., employee lifecycle changes, workers' compensation reporting, leave management, etc.
- Keeps people-related dashboards up-to-date.
- Responds to FAQs from team members across the business and escalate any more complicated questions to the appropriate person on our People team.
- Serves as an internal employment-compliance auditor, ensuring consistency & accuracy of our policies, procedures, reporting & filings.
- Acts as a liaison with external partners, such as our benefits brokers, benefits providers, and technology vendors, to optimize workflows and resolve issues.
- Assists with the planning and execution of HR-related events such as benefits enrollment, recognition events, holiday parties, and other celebrations.
- Partners with our Talent and L&D teams on projects & initiatives, honing new skills & knowledge across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in optimizing HR technology platforms - UKG strongly preferred - to meet organizational needs.
- Skilled in managing sensitive employee data with integrity, confidentiality, and compliance with privacy regulations.
- Capable of maintaining and updating people-related dashboards for real-time insights and data visualization.
- Strong communication and customer service skills to address FAQs and escalate complex inquiries.
- Experienced in employment compliance, auditing, and ensuring accuracy and consistency of HR policies, procedures, and reporting to mitigate risks.
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond all the coffee you can drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.