Senior Backend Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking an experienced backend engineer to join our growing technology team and help propel the company into the next stage of growth and beyond.
Engineering at Foxtrot is responsible for all the technology that powers our ecommerce delivery platform as well as our retail locations.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging problems across the consumer ecommerce experience, inventory management, logistics and retail technology.
Some of the technologies you'll get to work with:
- Python / Django
- PHP / Laravel
- Postgres / MySQL
- Any new tools and technologies that help to solve business problems
For this role, you should have:
- Strong software development experience with a common backend web technology (i.e Python / Django, PHP / Laravel, Ruby on Rails, etc)
- Experience with at least one SQL-based database engine
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong desire to contribute to making Foxtrot Engineering a best-in-class team and mentor more junior team members
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
What your days will look like:
- Working as a core member of our backend engineering team to support our existing backend infrastructure as well as develop new and exciting features from the ground up
- Collaborating with our operations team to build internal applications to improve efficiencies in order management, inventory management, and delivery logistics
- Building tools to help bridge the omni-channel nature of Foxtrot’s business
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools and technology to help our team
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond all the coffee you can drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
See more open positions at Foxtrot
Something looks off?