Drift Net Inc., headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is on a mission to revolutionize school safety in the aftermath of the tragic shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Our founder, driven by a deep desire to put an end to mass violence in American schools, utilized his expertise in technology design to develop the KnowWhere Campus Safety System. This groundbreaking solution aims to detect threats and alert authorities before they materialize. Today, Drift Net has grown into a thriving company with a passionate team dedicated to enhancing safety and security in educational institutions.
Reporting to the Director of Product Fulfillment, the purpose of this position is to provide for the efficient and continuous operation of all plant systems and equipment with as little downtime as possible. This individual will install, service, trouble-shoot and repair all types of electronic and electrical controls and equipment and work closely with other team members.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes assigned projects and tasks involving the implementation of design changes or system improvements associated with equipment controls of processing.
- Ensuring smooth and efficient day-to-day manufacturing operations.
- Providing quality control for the product and adhere to safety protocols.
- Assists in developing and carrying out performance tests on equipment and interpreting results.
- Troubleshoots problems as they may arise in the plant equipment or systems and repairs the equipment to prevent the recurrence of these problems in the future.
- Assists in the pre-operational testing and start up as required to place plant equipment into normal service.
- Proficient in working with small tools and equipment.
- Assemble, inspect, and package products on the production line according to established procedures.
- Adept at preparing products and moving boxes for inventory and shipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the production area.
- Operate machinery and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain a smooth production flow.
- Meet production targets and deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt and learn quickly on new processes, machinery and equipment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US. Must currently be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills in English with good communication skills.
- Willingness to comply with all safety guidelines at all times.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to lift 50 LBS as needed.
- Able to stand for extended periods and lift moderate weights.
- Must be reliable and punctual with flexible hours, working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Capable of thriving both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Warehouse/ production experience preferred but not required.
- Should have a valid Driver’s license.
The location for this position is at 650 W Lake St, Chicago, IL, 60661
To apply for this position, please submit your resume by using LinkedIn apply, or you can send your resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We eagerly anticipate reviewing your application and learning more about how you can contribute to our mission.